1. Fill your bathtub with hot water; not too hot, but at least hot enough to cause you to perspire.
2. Drink about 8 ounces of water from an unbreakable quart water bottle. Then, put the remainder of the quart of water near the bath for you to drink while in the tub.
3. The Detox Spa has powdered ginger as one of the ingredients, and the Detox Spa is quite dusty, so when you pour the powder into your tub of water, hold the bag close to the water to avoid creating dust, which would make it difficult to breathe in your bathroom for a while. After pouring the powder into your bath, stir the water with your hand to be sure the salt is dissolved and the ingredients get dispersed into the water.
4. Set a clock in a convenient place, so that you can be aware of the time. You may also want to light a candle and play peaceful and soothing music while you're in the bath.
5. After soaking for 10 minutes, use a loofah or face cloth to scrub your entire body, thereby stimulating your skin and opening your pores. Drink from your water, then, relax again.
6. After another 10 minutes, scrub your entire body again, drink some of your water, then lie back and relax.
7. After 30 minutes of being in the tub (or up to 45 minutes if you prefer), empty the tub and take a warm scrubbing shower, using a loofah or face cloth with a natural soap. Then, take a cool shower or refill the bathtub with slightly cool water and cool yourself down.
8. Often, the heat from an extended hot bath can cause some people to be a little lightheaded, so, always make sure that before you stand up, that you feel stable and not lightheaded. If you feel unsure, let cool water run over the back of your head and neck until you feel stabilized.
9. At least in the beginning, you'll find it best to lie down on your bed and rest for 15 to 30 minutes after your detox bath, so that you can properly recover from the extreme detoxification process you have just experienced. After doing a few detox baths, you’ll find them to be such a refreshing and energizing experience.